Take a Look
Zipline Canopy Tours Costa Rica
Zip Line Canopy Tours in Costa Rica
A great holiday can often be all about new experiences, and if you have never tried zip lining before, now’s your chance. As with all zip line canopy tours in Costa Rica, safety is a priority, and most tours have an introductory session for those who have never experienced the thrill of zip lining before. Experienced supervisors are always on hand to ensure your safety and enjoyment of such an amazing experience.
Zip lining gives you the chance to get off the beaten track and to immerse yourself in the wonderful, verdant Costa Rican countryside, while also adding some adrenaline-pumping excitement. It’s a great option if the tropical climate has brought in a few clouds and the weather’s not perfect for lying on the beach all day!
For those who have never been zip lining in Costa Rica before, the easiest way to describe it is to strap yourself into a safely harness, attach yourself to a free-running pulley wheel on a downward-sloping steel rope – the zipline – then let go and allow gravity to propel you across canyons, rivers and treetops, the latter also being referred to as a canopy tour where you travel at treetop height. With huge respect to the natural environment, zipline tours in Costa Rica aim to have minimal impact on the rainforest ecosystem.
To get a better idea of what’s involved, check out this video at Cloud Forest, Monteverde Sky aerial tram and zipline.
The most popular zipline tours in Costa Rica
The undulating topography and tropical rainforest found throughout Costa Rica mean ziplining, in various forms, can be found right across the country. If you’ve never visited the country before, it is always a little difficult to know which are the best zipline canopy tours in Costa Rica, so we have created a list of the top five zipline canopy tours for you:
- Arenal zipline, Costa Rica – located on the side of what, as recent as 2010, was an active volcano, Sky Adventures Arenal Park is a gem of a location, lying in an area which transitions between rain forest and the Monteverde Cloud Forest, and which is also the site of the Arenal Nature Reserve.
- Monteverde sky aerial zipline, Costa Rica – described as “a cloud forest paradise” and “one of the most outstanding wildlife refuges in the world”, Monteverde has an incredibly diverse range of flora and fauna, including 100 species of mammals, over 400 species of birds, and roughly 2500 species of plants.
- Jaco canopy zipline tour, Costa Rica – this is not a zip lining experience for the faint-hearted among you, and it is best suited to those of you who are genuine thrill seekers! Enjoy far-reaching views of the Nicoya Peninsula if you can keep your eyes open, and revel in the opportunity to get up close and personal with scarlet macaws and white-faced monkeys.
- Diamante Superman canopy zipline – ranked in the top five of the world’s best zip lines, the Diamante Eco Adventure Park is home to the longest dual zip line in South America, which means you can enjoy the thrills and experience of zip lining side by side. The Superman zip line, at 1,360 meters or 4,461 feet in length, is almost a mile long and has amazing ocean views!
- Manuel Antonio safari zipline – located some 45 minutes from Manuel Antonio, the canopy safari zip line tour also includes touring through a magical butterfly garden, as well as a mesmerizing serpentarium. Have fun on the “Tarzan Swing” and marvel at all the fabulous sights as you take the canopy tour, which includes 18 platforms, 10 zip lines, and 2 rapel lines.
Specializing in adventure vacations in Costa Rica, here at Costa Rica Rios, aside from our 8-day Adventure Tour and Honeymoon Adventure Package, we can create individual, bespoke adventure packages that will concentrate on your favored activities.
It is hard to resist the allure of Costa Rica if you like exploring and are looking for the adventure of a lifetime, so take advantage of our local knowledge and give us a call. We’ll be glad to talk you through all you can expect from a vacation in Costa Rica, and happily answer any questions you may have.