Take a Look
Hot Springs in Costa Rica
Hot Springs in Costa Rica
With Costa Rica’s volcanic past and present, hot springs are very much a natural phenomenon that abounds throughout the country. Add tropical rainforest to the mix, and water is rarely in short supply, so what better way to spend half a day exploring and enjoying some hot springs.
Here at Costa Rica Rios we are guilty of taking the occasional break and heading for one of the nearby hot springs to relax and unwind after a hectic day. Trust us when we say that if you want something special at the end of a long day trekking through the rainforest, a long soak in one of Costa Rica’s hot springs will provide the perfect end to your day.
The best hot springs to visit in Costa Rica
From our own personal experience, together with feedback received from many of our clients who we have arranged bespoke adventure tours for, the following is a list of what we consider are some of the best hot springs for you are guaranteed to enjoy:
- Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort, La Fortuna– location of the only completely natural hot springs in a resort in the Arenal/La Fortuna area.The temperature of the springs ranges from25-50 degreesCelsius/77-122 degrees Fahrenheit, with numerousones to choose from, including an adult-only area called Shangri La Gardens
- Baldi Hot Springs, Province of Alajuela– 25 naturally fed springs that vary both in temperature and size, with day passes available
- Eco Termales, La Fortuna– part of a small, family-run establishment as opposed to a larger resort. Limited number mean you can enjoy the tranquillity of a thermal spa surrounded only by rainforest
- Vandara / Tizote hot springs, Guanacaste Province– part of the Rincon de Vieja National park. A man-made pool collects the thermal spring water, while for visitors, mud baths and mineral spas are also available
- Rio Agua Caliente– situated close to the Arenal Observatory lodge provides mineral-rich thermal waters just upstream from the bridge and which are free to enjoy as this is not part of any resort
- Titoku hot springs– part of the Hotel ArenalKioro, Arenal with eight pools and limited capacity to ensure a tranquil environment to enjoy the serene setting
- La Lagunas and Perdido Springs, La Fortuna– part of the Springs resort and Spa. La Lagunas is home to eight hot spring pools ranging in temperature from 28.3-40 Celsius/83-104 Fahrenheit. Perdido Springs comprises a maze of peaceful trails and hot spring pools
Specializing in adventure vacations in Costa Rica, here at Costa Rica Rios, aside from our 8-day Adventure Tour, we can create individual, bespoke adventure packages, including a Honeymoon Adventure Vacation, to concentrate on your favored activities, at the end of which some down time in a hot thermal spa will round the day off perfectly.
It is hard to resist the allure of Costa Rica if you like exploring and are looking for the adventure of a lifetime, so take advantage of our local knowledge and give us a call. We’ll be glad to talk you through all you can expect from an adventure vacation in Costa Rica, and happily answer any questions you may have.