Take a Look
Waterfalls Costa Rica
Waterfalls in Costa Rica
In Costa Rica, a waterfall isn?t just something awesome to gaze at. As with most natural phenomena in Costa Rica, waterfalls are also an important element of many an adventure vacation. Why, because waterfalls provide a number of adrenalin-inducing challenges that fit in perfectly with the ethos of embracing the natural beauty of this stunning country.
Costa Rica Waterfalls = Canyoneering ? Here at Costa Rica Rios one of the most popular sports that our clients love to take part in is canyoneering, the most essential part of which is a waterfall, usually ranging in height from between 30ft and 300ft. In fact, it is so popular that we include canyoneering as an option in our 8-Day Adventure Tour Package. Canyoneering (also known as canyoning) involves a combination of trekking through rainforest, rappelling/abseiling down waterfalls, crossing rivers, clambering over rocks and generally having great fun!
Costa Rica Waterfalls = Abseiling / Rappelling ? almost a sport in its own right, we know that a good number of you love the thrill of rappelling or abseiling down waterfalls, but are content with just a trek to the locations, without the other elements involved in canyoneering. Consequently, waterfall rappelling is a popular addition to many of our custom-designed adventure tours.
Costa Rica Waterfalls = Jumping ? faster and easier than rappelling down a waterfall, we?ve witnessed that some of you prefer just to jump off and hope for the best! On a more serious note, we do cater for those who love to jump off waterfalls into pools of inviting water below, but these are restricted in height and the pools have to be deemed deep enough for such an activity. That is why we only allow waterfall jumping on a few selected waterfalls in Costa Rica and that you are accompanied by a guide at all times.
The best of Costa Rica?s waterfalls
- La Paz waterfall ? Probably the most picturesque and frequently photographed in Costa Rica. La Paz Waterfall and Peace Garden Lodge is a ?must visit? destination and allow a full day, there is much to see and enjoy there.
- Rio Celeste waterfall ? Located in Tenorio Park and for viewing only – no rappelling or swimming in the pool allowed. It?s azure blue water makes this one of the most stunning and memorable waterfalls in the Americas.
- La Fortuna Waterfall ? Found at the base of the Chato Volcano on the outskirts of La Fortuna and close to Arenal Volcano, being fed by the Arenal River.
- Nauyaca Waterfall ? A two-tier waterfall with an upper 140-foot drop and a lower 60-foot drop, located in the south Pacific region of Costa Bellina.
- Bajos Del Toro waterfall ? Located in the heart of the Bajos Del Toro cloud forest, this is one of Costa Rica?s longest waterfalls. A stunning sight and set in a valley between the Po?s and Rincon de la Vieja Volcanoes.
- Volio waterfall ? Located near the town of Bribri, Lim?n Province, in the Talamanca mountain forest Bribri Indian Reserve. Spot the howler monkeys and poison dart frogs as you trek through the forest to reach the waterfall.
Specializing in adventure vacations in Costa Rica, here at Costa Rica Rios, aside from our 8-day Adventure Tour, we can create individual, bespoke adventure packages, including a Honeymoon Adventure Vacation, to concentrate on your favored activities, whether it is trekking to see waterfalls, or to go canyoneering or waterfall rappelling.
It is hard to resist the allure of Costa Rica if you like exploring and are looking for the adventure of a lifetime, so take advantage of our local knowledge and give us a call. We?ll be glad to talk you through all you can expect from an adventure vacation in Costa Rica, and happily answer any questions you may have.