Which Airlines are Flying to Costa Rica Right Now?
Wondering who’s flying to Costa Rica right now? Read on to discover the airlines that deliver you to our adventure-filled paradise, from every corner of the world
Adventure travel in times of COVID, areweright? We hear you!
The rest of the world may still be mid-coronavirus-struggle but life in Costa Rica has pretty much returned to normal. You know, a new kind of normal but normal for 2021 nonetheless. As we enter the very heart of the busiest tourist season in our country, we thought we’d share info on all the international airlines currently flying to Costa Rica.
Given Costa Rica has been fully open to international tourism for over three months, more and more airlines are joining in on the adventure-filled fun. Before selecting the best airlines flying to Costa Rica, however, here are two very important things you should know:
- You do NOT need a COVID test to visit Costa Rica
You do need to fill in an online health form and buy COVID-inclusive travel insurance, but you don’t need to have a test so that’s awesome news!
- IF you need a COVID test to fly back home after your adventure vacation with us at Costa Rica Rios, we will organize this for you.
US citizens will need a COVID test to return home after their thrilling adventures with us yet we endeavor to provide this extra service for all our treasured guests. We have an ever-growing list of medical centers catering to tourists almost all over the country. Our help will ensure you have a hassle-free vacation!
Airlines Currently Flying to Costa Rica
First, you should know that all flight info to Costa Rica is correct at the time of publishing this blog. Air travel is so fluid right now as airlines scramble to balance their government requirements as well as market demand – things really are changing on a near-weekly basis.
We are ALWAYS here to help you find the best flight and transfer options, so feel free to contact us via our Live Chat bubble or through our contact form and phone numbers, no matter where in the world you are.
Flights from the US to Costa Rica RIGHT NOW
- United Airlines – From Houston, New Jersey, Chicago, Denver and Los Angeles
- American Airlines – Miami, Dallas and Charlotte
- Delta Airlines – Atlanta and Los Angeles
- Spirit Airlines – Fort Lauderdale and Orlando
- Jet Blue – New York & Fort Lauderdale
- Alaska Airlines – Los Angeles
- Avianca – New York, Miami, Houston
- Copa Airlines – Los Angeles and San Francisco (via Panama)
Flights from North/South/Central America to Costa Rica RIGHT NOW
Trying to reach us from outside the US but within the Americas?
No problem, these airlines will get you here:
- Aero Mexico – Mexico
- Copa Airlines – Copa flies out of Panama City 3 x a day and has connecting flights from ALL over Latin America and two US cities (Los Angeles and San Francisco)
- Avianca – San Salvador, Toronto (as of the beginning of Feb)
Flights from Europe to Costa Rica RIGHT NOW
Europe’s among the worst-hit regions as far as COVID’s second wave is concerned yet as the situation continues to improve, we’re seeing more flights added to the Costa Rica route.
Flights operating right now:
- Iberia – From Madrid, 3x a week and one more weekly flight added s of the last week in March
- Lufthansa – Connecting from Frankfurt, twice a week
- KLM – From Amsterdam, daily
- Air France – From Paris, 3x a week
Latest news regarding upcoming flight resumptions from Europe:
- British Airways – Has just announced DIRECT flights from London, starting on March 27 – also offering one-stop daily flights via the US
- Edelweiss – Will begin connecting Zurich to Costa Rica this month!
Not every airline services both international airports in Costa Rica (San Jose and Liberia) but if you’re planning an adventure tour with us, you need not worry about your entry point too much. Simply choose the most convenient for you and we can plan your private transfers, accommodation and activities around your arrival point.
And besides: Costa Rica’s best adventure destinations are spread out around the country and easily accessible no matter which international airport you fly into.
Nevertheless, if you do want to maximize the fun and minimize travel once you land, here are the regions each airport services best.
San Jose – Fly into the Costa Rican capital and you’ll have the central and southern regions at your doorstep. We’re talking about the treasures of the Central Valley, the south-west Osa Peninsula and the entire Limon Province and Caribbean coast. A well-rounded itinerary will see you have bundles of fun in the top 3 destinations in the whole country: Arenal, Manuel Antonio and the magical Monteverde Rainforest.
Liberia – the northern international airport is ideal for diving straight into the balmy waters of Tamarindo and the spellbinding Guanacaste coastline, not to mention the spectacular Nicoya Peninsula. You’ll also have easier access to the Papagayo Peninsula and its myriad of all-inclusive luxury resorts.
Is one International Airport Better for Adventure-Filled Tours in Costa Rica?
Absolutely not! We have intimate knowledge and experience of every nook and cranny in Costa Rica and can recommend adrenaline-pumping activities all over. If it’s your first visit to our shores, rest assured you can zip line, whitewater raft, kayak, hike, mountain bike, horseback ride, snorkel and DO EVERYTHING ELSE just about all over our wonderful nation.
Simply tell us what you want to do and where you’re flying into and we’ll create a tailor-made experience that’ll blow your mind!
Are there domestic airports in Costa Rica?
Oh YES! Plenty! Short domestic flights can take a lot of transfer hassle out of the equation, especially if you wish to visit more remote destinations like Tortuguero and Corcovado National Parks.
Ready to start planning the Costa Rica adventure of a lifetime?
What are you waiting for?! Contact us today!