Review activity-packed Costa Rica adventure vacation packages from Costa Rica Rios when planning your family’s vacation; you’ll find something exciting for everyone in your group packed into our adventure vacations. If you’re looking for the ultimate adventure getaway, check out our Build Your Own Family Adventure and choose from dozens of fun things to do while visiting Costa Rica. Feel free to get in touch with our vacation pros from Costa Rica Rios for assistance with your travel plans.
20 Totally Awesome Adventure Activities in Costa Rica
1. Costa Rica volcanoes are not to be missed. Let our travel experts know if you’d like to include one of the popular volcano tours in Costa Rica in your vacation package.
2. Horseback riding is a fun activity for all. Get off the beaten path on a horseback riding trail and see some of the country’s most beautiful landscape.
3. Experience Costa Rica’s hanging bridges and immerse yourself in nature to the fullest. Sightseeing in Costa Rica is anything but a passive activity!
4. Canyoneering is a challenging but very rewarding activity enjoyed by adventurers of all ages and may include waterfall jumping & repelling, rock climbing, swimming, whitewater rafting, exploring trails, and navigating the terrain of the land.
5. Surfing in Costa Rica’s beaches is the ultimate adventure. Whether you’re a seasoned surfer or are willing to take a lesson or two, you’ll walk away with a lifetime of memories.
6. Explore the jungles and rainforests of Costa Rica with a trusted guide at your side; take in the fauna and flora of one of the most popular adventure destinations in the world.
7. Trekking and walking are two of the best ways to see the lay of the land and take in the breath and scope of Costa Rica’s rainforests. With more than 169 parks, there’s certainly a lot of places your feet can take you. Almost all family getaways in Costa Rica include hiking to one degree or another.
8. If you’re doing Costa Rica with kids, mountain biking can be a great way to burn off energy and really see the countryside. CR has exceptional mountain biking trails, with something for every skill level.
9. After a day of adventure, relax in one of Costa Rica’s hot springs; consider Eco Termales where your family can enjoy the serenity of a hot springs within the seclusion of the rainforest.
10. Vacationers come to Costa Rica from all over the world to see exotic birds and engage in birding. Don’t be surprised to see Keelbilled Toucans, Trogans, White-Throated Magpie Jays, and Scarlet Macaws.
- 11: Beaches
- 12: Snorkeling
- 13: Sportfishing
- 14: Stand Up Paddleboarding
- 15: Whitewater Kayaking
- 16: National Parks
- 17: Waterfalls
- 18: ATVs
- 19: Ziplines
- 20: Beachcombing
At Costa Rica Rios, we create custom Costa Rica adventure vacation packages geared to your budget; simply let us know the types of activities and adventures you have in mind and we’ll plan your upcoming family vacations in Costa Rica, saving you money on all of your adventures.